Before you create a custom field, you will want to ensure that the field you are creating is not already included somewhere else in the tool by using the “Field Name Search” capability described in the “Finding Information in the Tool” section.
If you determine that you need a data field that is not included in the tool, you can create a custom field. To enable the custom field capability:
- Enter key search words in the “Field Name Search” function to ensure that the field you are wanting to create is not already included somewhere else in the tool.
- Go to the Settings page in the Administration section and set the “Show Custom Data” field to “Yes”.
- Return to the page where you want to enter the custom data and Scroll to the bottom of the record where the “Custom Data” section will now be visible.
- Click on “Add or search for a record”.
- Click “Add New”.
- Enter data for the “Custom Field Name” and “Value”.
The custom field you create is only added to that specific page / record.