How do I create a digital version of a paper document?
There are several methods you can use to create a digital file of your paper documents:
- Use your printer to scan the document and save it the MDD Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ tool.
- Take a picture of the document with your phone and email it to yourself. Save the document to the MDD Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ tool. (This method is only recommended for single page documents.)
- Take a picture of the document with the camera on your computer. Move the documents to the MDD Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ tool. (This method is only recommended for single page documents.)
- Use a free scanning app such as GeniusScan on your phone to turn a multi-page document into a PDF file and e-mail it to yourself. Save the document in the MDD Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ tool.
If the document you are scanning is highly sensitive or confidential, we recommend using a local scanner connected to your computer so you can avoid transmitting information over the internet.
How do I upload a document into the tool?
As you enter information in the tool, you will be prompted to add documents that are related to the information that you are entering. You can add multiple documents in any section and will have the ability to print and view them when you return to the section or create a custom report.
To upload a document into the database, temporarily move the document into the “MDD Document Transfer” folder on the My Data Diary+ USB storage device. Upload documents into the tool by clicking on “Attache Document(s)” and following the prompts to select the document(s) that you have moved into the “MDD Document Transfer” folder. Name the uploaded file(s) something that will help you easily identify it later.
Why do some document buttons have a red exclamation point?
Document buttons designated with a red exclamation point signal that the specified document(s) will likely be needed in the future to manage personal business or transactions. It is highly recommended that you upload these documents into the tool for easy access when needed in the future.
How do I delete a document?
You can delete documents from your database at any time by selecting “Delete” in the document viewer window. You will be asked to confirm the action because documents that are deleted from the database are permanently discarded and cannot be recovered.
How do I restore a deleted document?
It is not possible to restore a document that you have previously deleted. You will need to re-upload any documents you deleted.
Are the documents that I upload into the tool secure?
Once a document has been added to the database, it is encrypted and can only be accessed once you have entered your password or recovery questions.
Where are the files that I saved in the “MDD Document Transfer” folder?
The “MDD Document Transfer” folder is a temporary folder for use during a single data entry session. The documents in this folder are not password protected or secure. Therefore, for your protection, all documents saved in the MDD Document Transfer folder are deleted when you close the tool.
How do I view a document that is saved in the My Data Diary+ tool?
You can preview documents that you have uploaded into the tool if they have been saved with an image filetype (ie .jpg, .png, .pdf). Navigate to the section where the document is saved. Click on the button where the documents are stored. Select “View”.
Documents with non-image file-types (ie .xls, .doc, .ppt) cannot be previewed in the tool but can be downloaded to your MDD Document Transfer folder and viewed from there.
You can find a list of all documents that have been uploaded into the tool on the Document Library page of the Printing & Sharing section. You can preview image filetype documents from this location, as well.
How do I print a document that is saved in the My Data Diary+ tool?
To print a document that you have uploaded into the tool, you need to create a custom report by going to the Customer Reports page of the Printing & Sharing section off the tool. Click on the section of the tool where the document is uploaded and select “Show Documents”. Confirm that the documents you want are displayed and print the report.
You can also download an individual document to the MDD Document Transfer folder or another location on your printer and print the individual document from there.
How do I download a copy of a document that is saved in the My Data Diary+ tool?
You can easily download any document that you have saved in the My Data Diary+ it from the database whenever you might need it.
- Find the document you need in the tool.
- Click Download.
- Watch for the “Success” message in the green box in the upper right corner of the tool.
- Go to the MDD Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ tool to find the downloaded document that you need.
- Print the downloaded document or save / move the document to another location on your computer.
Note: The Document Transfer Folder on your My Data Diary+ USB device is a temporary folder because it is NOT secure or encrypted. It is recommended that you delete documents from that folder immediately after transfer. For your protection, all documents in the “MDD Document Transfer” folder are deleted when you close the tool.