Should I share an electronic copy of My Data Diary+ with my care companions?
The information in your My Data Diary+ tool is designed to be shared with your care companions – the trusted family members, friends, and professionals who assist you with the management of your household and who may be called upon to assist with the management of your care and / or the settlement of your estate.
How often should I share my information with my care companions?
You will want to ensure that you provide updated information to your care companions any time you make a material change to your information. It is recommended that you update and share your updated information with your care companions at least once a year.
How should I share an electronic copy of My Data Diary+ with my care companions?
The My Data Diary+ tool is designed for you to flexibly share as much or as little of your information and documents as you prefer. The method you choose for sharing your information will depend on who you are sharing the information with and how much you are willing to share. Several options are recommended for you to share the information in your My Data Diary+ tool:
- Share the Password to your tool – Tell your care companions where they will find your My Data Diary+ tool, and provide them with the password.
- Share individual pages of the tool – Print or share specific pages of the tool without documents.
- Create custom reports – Specify the parts of the tool you wish to share with or without sensitive information and documents.
- Make and share a copy of your entire database.
Be sure you exercise care in selecting which content you will share and with whom. But, make sure that your care companions will have access to the information they need to assist you when needed.
How do I print an individual page in the tool?
You can print any page of the tool by clicking on the Printer icon in the upper right corner of the tool. To create an electronic copy of the page that you can attach to an e-mail or save to another electronic location, select a print to PDF option such as “Microsoft Print to PDF” and follow the prompts to save an electronic copy of that file to the location of your choice. Important Note: Documents will not print using this method.
The My Data Diary+ custom reporting page provides you with the ultimate flexibility to select the content you want to print and / or share with your care companions:
- Go to the Printing & Sharing in the left navigation bar.
- Select Custom Reports.
- Select the Profile (person) for which you wish to create the report.
- Select one or more sections you want to include in your report.
- Customize your output:
- By default, only the fields you have populated will show in the report. To show blank fields for the sections you have selected, click on the “Show Blank Fields” button.
- By default, the report will not show fields designated as “sensitive data” (i.e. Social Security number). To show sensitive data, click the “Show sensitive data” button.
- By default, documents are not included in the report. To show documents that have been uploaded for the sections you have selected, click on the “Show documents” button.
- Click on the printer icon in the upper right corner of the tool.
- To print a physical copy of the report you have created, select the printer you want to use and click print.
- To create an electronic copy of the output report that you can attach to an e-mail or save to another electronic location, select a print to PDF option such as “Microsoft Print to PDF” and follow the prompts to save an electronic copy of that file to the location of your choice. Please remember that the PDF output files you create are not encrypted or protected in any way. It is not recommended to send unprotected files by standard email if they contain any information that you wish to keep confidential or secure.
How do I make a copy of my entire database to share with a care companion?
There are two options available for you to create a copy of your entire database to share with a care companion:
- Click on the Database Backup page in the Printing & Sharing section of the tool. Use the “Create Read-Only Database” option to create an un-editable copy of your database to share with your care companions. Specify a personal file name for your backup database. Specify a password for this read-only copy.
- To create a full backup of your My Data Diary+ software and database, you can copy the entire contents of your My Data Diary+ USB device to a folder on another computer or storage device. (This may take up to 60 minutes.) You can open your database from this backup location the same way you open the database on the USB drive. It is recommended that you include the word “Backup” and the date of the backup copy in the name of the folder so that you don’t accidentally update this backup copy instead of the primary version of the tool where updates should be made.