What Operating System(s) will the Tool Work in?
Your My Data Diary+ tool can be opened by both Windows and Mac operating systems. The tool is compatible with the below Windows and Mac versions. A ‘+’ indicates the minimum supported version.
What do I do if I get a warning message from my Anti-Virus Software?
Anti-virus software installed on your computer might interfere with the installation of the My Data Diary+ software. To successfully load the software, you may need to disable your virus protection program or mark the software as safe. If your virus protection program quarantines or disables the My Data Diary+ software, you will need to contact the My Data Diary team for support at email@example.com.
Where Should I Store my My Data Diary+ USB drive?
The My Data Diary+ tool is designed to be mobile and secure so that you have your important information and documents with you wherever and whenever you need them. The tool is provided to you on a USB drive that can be attached to your keyring so you can have your information with you at all times.
How do I close the tool?
The standard Windows close “x” in the upper right corner of your screen is disabled to enable the auto-save capability in the tool. To close the tool, use the large “X” next to the Key Word Search in the top right corner of your tool. Clicking this large “X” inside the tool will ensure that all of your database changes have been saved.
It is recommended that you safely “Eject” your My Data Diary+ USB drive from your computer using the standard method for your computer. For Windows PCs, there are several methods available for you to safely remove your device:
- Right-click on the My Data Diary+ device in the File Explorer window and select “Eject” or
- Click on the USB icon in the lower right corner of your computer and Click on “Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media”.
Can I Copy and Paste content from another program or from one area of the tool to another?
“Cut”, “Copy” and “Paste” functions are available in the “Edit” Menu just above the MDD icon at the top of the tool.
Can I make the content on my screen bigger or smaller?
To display less content and make the text bigger or to display more content and make the text smaller, use the “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” functions in the “View” menu just above the MDD icon at the top of the tool.
What do I do if the tool becomes unresponsive?
Why doesn’t my tool work after my computer goes to sleep?
If your computer goes to sleep while the tool is open, the USB drive will be put to sleep, and you will need to close the tool and reopen it to continue your use of the tool.
How do I disable USB sleep mode on my computer?
- From the File Explorer, Right Click on My Computer or This PC and select Properties.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on USB Root Hub device(s).
- Click the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
- Collapse Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Close the Device Manager with the “X” in the right corner.
- Close the Control Panel / System window with the “X” in the right corner.